Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How to Find a Homeopath that is Knowlegeable in Autism (and other areas as well)


Lately, a lot of attention has been coming back to homeopathy for autism. I've been asked a few times about my experience and recommendations for homeopathy & a good homeopath. Here's my thoughts on that. (Hopefully this will make it to my website eventually).

  • My experience with homeopathy and autism:

Pretty much all of my son's initial speech came about with homeopathy. I also credit his normalizing of bowel movements and food absorption to homeopathy. All with one remedy actually! It happened about 2 years ago over the course of about 5 months. Caleb was prescribed lycopodium 6c 3 times daily by a homeopath that we consult with (from England) over the phone/internet. It was based on Caleb's constitution (or his symptoms, personality, responses to food, stimuli, etc., temperment, etc). Anyhow, lycopodium did wonderful things! I would actually know it was time for his next dose when he suddenly got quiet again. After dosing, he would again regain his chattering and new speech. When the remedy began to aggrevate more then help several months later, we tried a few things, then eventually moved on to other remedies, but low and behold the changes in bowel and speech stuck! Since then he's slowly added to his speech and we've tried to again regain that amazing growth, but the growth has been slow and steady with needing to change tactics and remedies every 6 months or so. However, I am completely sold on homeopathy now! If only I could get my friends and family to be so enlightened :)

We've thus far had success with the bowel nosode Morgan Gaertner (because it complements lycopodium), carcinosin, pulsatilla, thuja (one of the first remedies I tried on my own due to it's reputation for healing after vaccines), and also sequential homeopathy to clear vaccines & address miasms through the Hahnemann Center for Heilkunst (Rudi Verspoor).

  • Homeopathic Help:
Here are my recommendations if you're looking to try homeopathy:
  • First, do some research on what homeopathy is, how dosing works, what types of remedies there are, and find some success stories on using it.
  • Second, try to find a homeopath in your area. Here are the most common links to do so, but be sure to check your yellow pages or talk to people living near you.
http://nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org/resources/practitioners.jsp

http://www.homeopathy.org/directory_entrance.html
  • Third, if you're unsuccessful, try some of these well known homeopaths for autism:

www.homeopathy.com (Hahnemann Center of Homeopathy) sequential
www.homeopathyhouston.com (Houston Center of Homeopathy) sequential
www.homeopathysnc.org/deborah_olenev.htm (Deborah Olenev) classical
www.homeopathysnc.org/dr_luc_de_schepper.htm (Dr. Luc De Schepper) classical
www.homepage.ntlworld.com/homeopathy_advice/contact.html or www.homeopathy.expert@googlemail.com (these are both contacts for my homeopath from England--Simon King)


  • Other homeopathy resources:

www.abchomeopathy.com
www.hpathy.com (one of my favorite resources)
www.homeopathy-software.net
www.homeopathysnc.org
www.tinussmits.com
www.renresearch.com/autism.html (amy lansky's story)
www.homeopathy-help.net
http://www.recoveredfromautism.com/recoveryplan.htm
http://www.homeopathy-cures.com
http://www.homeopathic.com (educational resources)

11 comments:

Jen78FL said...

I just want to say that I think your blog is great! I am also using homeopathy and my son's symptoms matched lycopodium also. We have seen some great things from it! I have started my own blog to post about my son's progress with homeopathy also. Hopefully more people will start to realize just how powerful it can be!

http://livingwithautism-jen78fl.blogspot.com/

Jen B said...

I'm so glad you're seeing success with homeopathy too! We recently have seen a gigantic jump with language & understanding since going through a new set of remedies via Rudi Verspoor (a homeopath) in Canada. I look forward to browsing your blog! Do you mind it if I add it to the blogs list on my page? Thanks for your comment!

Jen B said...

Thanks so much for your comment! I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading this blog! It does my heart good to hear of it helping others in some way :)

ASK said...

Hi, We are also doing Homeopathy for my son, I just want to link your blog in my blog, I hope you don't mind.

Jen B said...

Please link us! So glad we have something in common :)

Raising a Sensitive Child said...

Hi Jen: We are also using Heilkunst homeopathy to address my son's health concerns (multiple allergies, asthma and immune problems), and it's been very promising. It's great to hear about how it's been helping other parents like yourself. Take care!

Simon King said...

Your blog was mentioned to me very recently and I am pleased to hear Caleb is still progressing well.

I notice you have my email and old website in your links so I thought I'd just mention that although my email is correct, my website URL has changed and is now:
-http://www.Homeopathy-Help.NET.
-The old URL no longer works.

Please let me know if you'd like me to link your blog on my website?

Kind regards

Simon King

Anonymous said...

apologies: the hyphen before the URL killed it it should have read
http://www.homeopathy-help.net/

please feel free to delete one or both of these posts after reading!

kind regards
Simon King

The Natural Health Clinic said...

Yes homeopathy is very useful in autism ....thanks your post touches very great topic

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just in case anyone has been frustrated by previous contact changes, over time my website and email have had problems and been removed so best currently is homeonorfolk@gmail.com

I hope Caleb is still doing well and that you're all safe in these trying times

kind regards

Simon King