Tuesday, August 12, 2008

LDN (low dose naltrexone) and Caleb


Well I think I figured out a source of Caleb's irritibility! Just in time for school too....yay! I took him off the LDN (low dose naltrexone) cream that he's been on for over a year. I wanted to see if it really was still doing anything or not, and the best time to figure it out is the summer. LDN had really helped fight the immune responses Caleb had to food, and it boosted language a bit at the beginning. Anyhow....it's been much smoother since going off LDN. I use the cell salts like Kali Phos or one with all the salts to help with irritibility, but I've hardly needed anything. He's been great mood-wise for about a week now, which has taken a load off my heart for school coming up. We haven't had major yeast break-outs either, and that's been such a relief. Caleb's traditional response to supplements/medications he doesn't tolerate is to get VERY irritible and screamy. I'm just wondering if that's what started his irritible ball rolling....his not needing LDN anymore because it was no longer tolerated. Who knows, but I pray the good stays for a long while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you stopped the LDN did you wean him or stop cold turkey???